jeudi 3 décembre 2009

Once a Fan...always a Fan !


Still on that NSNA time capsule .

Don't know about other countries , but in France the film was given the full red carpet treatment ( as opposed to Octopussy which was released with a normal campaign ) , with official Gala screening on les Champs Elysées , etc.

Having established myself as some kind of ' Bond expert ' , I was fortunate enough to be invited to the official Press conference which happened a few days earlier . In attendance were announced Sir Sean ( and Micheline ) , Irvin Keshner , the delicious Saskia Cohen Tanugi ( French contact Nicole on the Côte D'Azur ) ,etc.,etc...

To say that I was more than thrilled to attend was the understatement of the year ...

Anyway , after the conference , there was some private V.I.Ps only cocktail organized on the roof terrace ...For which I had also received an invitation .

Believe it or not , I was so impressed to be in the very same room than Sir Sean...That I simply couldn't decide to go & present myself . His wife Micheline noticed me somehow and very kindly signaled me to approach her mega star husband . I must have appeared like a complete fool since I only manage to mutter between grinded teeth something like ' I love your work . great film . Congrats '...And didn't even thought of asking for an autograph on my Invitation !!!!!

And wait , the very same thing repeated itself years later at the Cannes Film Festival , where I attended the ' Entrapment ' movie Press Conference , AND again was fortunate enough to be near the Scot Star at the very end of his speech . So close I would have had just to strech my arm and present him something to sign ...Ah...Couldn't forced myself to do it again ...
Sir Sean is really the ONLY actor so far I'm so impressed with I seem to loose all normal behaviour when confronted with him , and became a 10 years old boy again ...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire