Back in Bond Age !
Wonderful surprise in my mail box today : a big package ( so big it completely fullfilled my box ) was waiting for me .
The sender ?
Hodder & Stoughton - London.
After unwrapping the big brown box ( posted from...Switzerland ) , I feverishly opened it , to discover various pieces of interest inside .
- A signed harcover copy of Jeffery Deaver's The Burning Wire .
- A copy of Jeffery Deaver's Garden of Beast .
- An enveloppe , marked ' Private & confidential ' , with an instruction letter and a personnalized encoded badge ( ' for future development ' ) .
- A copy of Ian Fleming's From Russia With Love ( not signed . Damnit ) .
- A cd with a video intervention of Mr Deaver himself ( a real - and completely unexpected - threat ) .
Now, that's what I call intelligent marketing .
Makes you feel like Jim Phelps at the beginning of a new mission of the I.M.F ( fortunately nothing catched fire after I read the instruction message ) .
Almost nothing revealed on Mr Deaver's future blockbuster ( correction...Nothing at all , to be honest ! ) , but having definitly the journalist hooked for more !
Congratulations to all parties involved - and of course to Mr Jeffery Deaver for kindly autographing me a copy of his book and taking time to record that video message , even if I couldn't attend last month's London event .